Thursday, February 11, 2010

WPA posters

I'm finally getting around to making my entry for the Let's Save Michigan poster contest (due monday, ahh!) and so I was looking at a bunch of WPA posters, and holy cow, they knew how to make a poster back then. Anyway, DID YOU KNOW that the Library of Congress has a ton of these posters archived, and you can access them online?? And that also you can download high res tiffs of the posters right from the website?? Probably everyone who took that tradigital class already knows this but it's a new and exciting resource for me.

I've got about a million tabs of posters up right now, and I totally recommend taking a look through for yourself here.

Here are some ones that I like because they are sensational. AND THE TYPE! Beautiful! Holy cow.



No comments: