Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our task is to create a new society. Could they even give us a more daunting task. At first I was mega pissed about it, because I've pretty much already come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to save the world.

But now I'm getting excited about the project; it's less of the hippy clusterfuck I initially thought it was going to be. I think it's important to be aware at the ways in which we do exist as a society, and importantly, how we perpetuate the ideolology of that society. Since a society only exists because the members of the society continually agree to be in it, and follow the rules that allow us to interact, spreading an ethos is a necessary part of the system.

I think we were discussing along these lines when Hamburger University came up.

It's McDonald's school for training management. The McDonald's way. This is so utterly beautiful and hilarious to me. It's so perfect. I never even thought about the possibility of this existing, but now that I know about it, it's like of course how could it NOT exist. It makes me want to salute a flag or something. My country, tis of thee.

3 comments:

Cait Peterson said...

Man, we could have made a great society with our all-American know-how, and some good old elbow grease.
Hamburger University would be a pretty convenient commute from my parent's house, it's become clear to me that I should just move back home and enroll.
This McDonald's training video is a real gem:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoBc-eNZO6k
Good example of how to control workers with the hope of a Joan of Arc type visitation from "Mick C". Please use this strategy in your group's society!

Nikki DeSautelle said...

Creepiest video ever.

Darryl Clifton said...

have to agree that was possibly one of the most terrifying things that I ever saw, although I think we should strive for McC in the studios, what do you think?